Bohemia Blog by Agent Brian Letendre
By: Brian Letendre
A lot of people who are looking to sell their homes consider selling them without a real estate agent as a way to "save money." Same thing with people looking to buy their home. But are you really saving? These are the 6 reasons why you needed to have a real estate agent yesterday.
1. They have the expertise to properly price your home and attract the potential buyers you are looking for. A home priced incorrectly can sit on the market a long time and you lose money every day it doesn't sell. If a property is priced well: It sells! The broker has also usually built the commission into the purchase price.
2. Negotiating. If you do not have the negotiating skills, you need someone on your side to help you through the process and get you the best price for your home. I see unrepresented buyers and sellers accept offers I would never allow them to if I were on the deal.
3. They have the connections. To sell your home you have people see it. From Broker's Open Houses to Listing Services to pals in the business a professionals reach will always be greater than yours.
4. Aside from just finding you the perfect home, they will actually help you get to the closing table. There are many many steps to a purchase and the easiest can be just picking the home. You need someone on your side that has your back.
5. They wear a lot of hats. Your real estate agent can not only find you a home or sell one but they can also be your sounding board, advice columnist, friend, and bartender if needed.
6. They will work hard for you. This is their job so they will be dedicated to finding you a home. Instead of wasting your time, you can do your job and they can do theirs.
Just because you watch Grey's Anatomy does not mean you know how to perform surgery. You would never go into court with the opposing counsel representing you, so don't try to negotiate the biggest financial transaction of your life by yourself. Get protected.
If you are interested in becoming a successful real estate agent via Bohemia Realty Group’s real estate agent training program, Bohemia Realty Group and I want to hear from you! Come learn why everyone’s talking about how hot it is uptown.
If you're interested in joining The Letendre Team or interviewing personally with Brian, click here: Interview with Brian