Bohemia Blog by Agent Brian Letendre
A Quick Guide to Sell Your Property Faster
By: Brian Letendre
Most people want to sell their real estate as quickly and as painlessly as possible. You may be surprised at how big of an impact you can have on how quickly your home sells. Here is a quick guide to selling your home faster.
1. Price it wisely. Some sellers will price their homes intentionally higher to allow room to negotiate. This, however, may eliminate a group of prospective buyers who may view your price as out of their budget. Don't limit its reach by listing it too high. Sometimes pricing a little under what you like will create the heat you need to sell above ask!
2. Clear up clutter. When you list your home, minimize personal items and clutter. Clear out closets to make them look like they have more space. Tidy up drawers and cabinets. The more personal items you have on display, the more challenging it can be for potential buyers to imagine it as their own.
3. Make everyone you know aware you are selling your home. Tell co-workers, family, and friends you are selling your home. Post it on social media. If your goal is to sell quickly, use all the tactics available to you. Do not try and sell your home yourself. You will never get the price a real estate professional will get because you don't have their connections.
4. Clean. Without question, clean. Fresh-smelling homes can sell faster. It may even be worth it to pay for a professional to get your home sparkling. This includes windows and carpeting.
5. Staging your home. Your agent should be able to give you some staging tips or refer a professional home staging company. This can set your home apart from the competition.
Nerdy Tip: Ask for and take advice from your real estate agent. They have a vested interest in helping sell your home quickly and they do this professionally. They can view your property with fresh eyes which can be very helpful.
If you're interested in becoming a successful real estate agent via Bohemia Realty Groupís real estate agent training program, I want to hear from you! Come learn why everyoneís talking about how hot it is uptown.
If you're interested in joining The Letendre Team or interviewing personally with Brian, click here: Interview with Brian